This article walks through how to import data in bulk to a pay run in HeroPay, e.g. to import Bonus amount for multiple employees.
Once you have created a pay run, click Pay run Action / Export Pay Run.
This will give you the file format you can use to import data into the pay run.
You can bulk import below data
- Earnings Line
- PAYG Adjustment (e.g. extra withholding tax amount)
- Super Adjustment (e.g. extra SGC)
- Employee Expenses
- Employer Liabilities
In this article, we will focus on importing earning lines. Below fields are mandatory when importing earning lines
- Employee Name
- EmployeeId: Unique identifier for the employee record. Can be an external Id or HeroPay generate ID. To get HeroPay generated ID, you can use Data extract function & select Employee Data.
- LocationId: Unique identifier for the location associated with the earnings line. Can be an external Id or HeroPay generate ID. To get HeroPay generated ID, you can use Data extract function & select Location. You can leave this blank, then the earning line will default to employee's primary location.
- PayCategoryId: Unique identifier for the pay category associated with the earnings line. Can be an external Id or HeroPay generate ID. To get HeroPay generated ID, you can use Data extract function & select Pay categories. Will revert to employee's primary pay category if left blank.
- Units: The number of units for the earnings line
- Rate: The rate to be used for the earnings line
Below fields are optional when importing earning lines
- Notes: you can enter notes for the earnings line
- LumpSumNumberOfPayPeriods: If paying a lump sum amount (e.g. Bonus), the number of pay periods that the lump sum should apply to, then tax calculation for the lump sum amount will be spread over indicated number of pay periods.
- ExternalId: you can enter the external Id for any of above mandatory fields.
Once you have updated the file, go back to the pay run and click Pay run Action / Import Pay Run.
You will then see below options
- Clear existing data: When importing data, you can choose to clear the existing data in the pay run before importing the data. You can choose to clear some or all pay items by ticking the checkbox next to each item. NOTE: clearing existing data will clear those pay items for ALL employees, not just the ones in the import, so be careful when using this setting
- Replace or Add data to the import: When importing data, you can choose to replace the pay run data with the data in the spreadsheet OR add the data to the existing pay run.
- Configure Id Types: Each transaction line in the pay run import uses Id's to determine which values should be used as the identifier for various data types. You can use the system generated Id or an external Id. You can specify External Ids for the following data types in the pay run import:
Pay Category Id
Deduction Category Id
Employee Expense category Id
Employer Liability Category Id
Once you have selected your pay run import options, you need to select the import file & finally select Confirm Upload.
Your import file will be imported.
If there is any error, system will indicate like below screenshot. You will then need to amend data in your import file before proceeding
If the file is imported successfully, you will see below message