As an admin or owner, there will be times where you need to post company news, team updates, share information, etc. to employees within your organisation. In these scenarios, sending an announcement out to employees is a good way to convey this information out in a timely way.
The Announcements feature on the company feed allows you to do just this. Post a public message to either a team or the whole organisation informing them of the latest news. You can also use this feature to comment on an announcement made by yourself or another admin, and if you made the comment, delete this information if needed.
- Click the Shout out to and recognise your peers! button.
- Click the Make an Announcement button.
- In the text box type in the desired announcement.
Typing @ into the text field, followed by an employee's name, will tag that employee in the announcement. Announcements do not have a limit on the number of employee tags, so there is no limit to how many employees it can include.
- Click the Paperclip button to add an attachment to the announcement.
The platform only allows you to attach images (.jpeg, .png and .gif) and documents (.pdf) to an announcement. However, you can only attach images and documents to an announcement if you are on our Premium and Platinum plans.
- Click the Share With drop-down and select either:
- Everyone: Every employee in your organisation will receive the announcement.
- Teams: Only the teams selected in the drop-down box will receive the announcement.
The option to select teams is only available on our premium and platinum plans.
- If required, use the editing features to format your announcement.
You can paste links into your post, however they will only be clickable if you make the announcement via the website.
- Click the Post button.
Adding a comment is only available to users on our premium and platinum pricing tier.
- Click the Add Comment button.
- Enter the required comment and click the Send button.
Typing @ into the comment field, followed by an employee's name, will tag that employee in the comment. Comments do not have a limit on the number of employee tags, so there is no limit to how many employees it can include.