Sometimes an employee's tax declaration needs updating when their circumstances change. These changes can include needing to update their Tax File Number right through to changing the record to reflect that they no longer have aHigher Education Loan Program (HELP), Student Startup Loan (SSL) or Trade Support Loan (TSL) debt.
The Tax Declaration feature is where you update these details if they change, with the HR platform reflecting theses changes throughout the entire platform. This means there is only one place you need to update tax declaration details if they change, ensuring your employee record on the HR platform is always up to date.
Updating an employee's tax declaration requires you to have two-factor authentication enabled. This is because of the updated ATO Digital Service Provider (DSP) Operational Framework. Its focus is to strengthen digital security and decrease the risk of security violations. For more information on the updated DSP framework, click here.
For more information on the two-factor authentication process, you can read the following guides:
- Click the Personnel menu.
- Click the Employees submenu.
- Select the employee that needs their details updated.
- Click the Tax Declaration tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Type your Tax File Number into the Tax File Number field.
If you don't have a Tax File Number, you can use the drop-down to select a reason for why this is the case.
- Select an option from the Are You drop-down section.
- Select either Yes or No for the following options:
- Do you want to claim the tax-free threshold for this payer?
- Do you have a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), Student Startup Loan (SSL) or Trade Support Loan (TSL) debt?
- Do you have an accumulated Financial Supplement debt?
- Sign the form as completed in the Signature field.
You can click the Upload button to import your existing signature pad. The recommended size for your upload is 300 x 100 pixels.
When updating the tax section, an employee can view their digital signature and the timestamp. When editing the tax section, the platform provides the employee with a digital signature pad.
However, when an admin or owner is viewing the tax section on an employee's file, they only can view the timestamp of when the employee signed. When editing the tax section, the platform does not provide the admin or owner with the digital signature pad.
- Click the Save button.