|ATO||ATO Portal||Duplicated YTD earnings reported to ATO|
If you have enabled STP in your previous platform and imported the earning balances into the Employment Hero payroll platform but did not migrate the BMS ID from the previous platform to the Employment Hero payroll, this will cause a duplicate Year-to-Date (YTD) record being sent to the Australia Tax Office (ATO).
Solution one: Previous payroll platform
Clear the YTD earnings in your previous payroll platform and lodge an Update Event. This will clear the YTD earnings in the ATO portal linked to your previous payroll platform.
Leave balances do not need changing in your previous platform to resolve this error.
Solution two: Amending the opening balance
You will need to change the opening balance in your Employment Hero payroll platform so they show a zero value.
This does not require you to change the leave balances in your Employment Hero payroll platform.
This action will change the YTD figures within your employees’ payslips. Employees may have a lower YTD figure than their previous payslips.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Data Extracts button.
- In the Data Type drop-down field, select the Opening Balance option.
- Select the required template type.
- Select the required file format.
- Click the Download button.
- Open Excel file and change all the earning amounts to zero, except for Leave Balances and save the changes to the file.
Once you have imported the amended opening balances, you will need to run an update event. For further information on how to run an update event refer to the following guide.