Within your organisation, you may have employees that require a certain qualification, pass certain training courses, or hold a particular licence to fulfil their duties in your organisation. As an example, certifications can form a requirement for certain roles, such as a security guard needing a security licence or a child care worker needing a certificate 4 in childcare.
The Certification Settings feature allows you to setup your organisation's certifications and ask for details from employees, such as any supporting documentation, or to complete a COVID-19 vaccination check. From a setup side, you can specify details such as the certification renewal period, if it is mandatory or optional for employees to complete, and who you assign it to within your organisation. You can also use this feature to assign and/or un-assign a certification and delete a record if it is no longer required.
To read further details on how your employees upload their certifications to the HR platform, and the process managers will go through to approve this documentation, refer to the following article.
HR Best Practise
It is important that you use the certification feature to make sure that you, as a business, are operating in compliance with the relevant regulations in your industry and that employees have what they need to operate safely and legally. We recommend that you regularly use the Compliance Report to track and track any certifications that are outstanding in your organisation.
This is the default access level per user and whether they have view, edit and delete access, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
The below premises will walk you through how to create a certification.
- Click the General Settings button.
- Click the Certification Settings submenu.
- Click the Add Certifications button.
- On the Certification Details page complete the following fields:
- Certification name.
- Certification type:
- Click the Upload button to upload any additional information.
The maximum uploaded file size allowed is 10MB, however, you can upload multiple files.
- Assign to:
You can not select disabled teams when assigning certifications. We will grey them out in the drop-down selection. If you assign a team a certification and then you disable it, then the team will still be there on the assignee list and you can remove it, but you cannot re-select the record. The members of the team will still also have the certifications on their personnel file. We will not archive them until they are no longer assignees.
- All personnel.
- Click the Next button.
- On the Configuration page complete the following fields:
- Is this certification mandatory or optional?
- How often does the certification need to be renewed?
- Expiry date.
- Require personnel to provide supporting documentation?
- Is approval required?
- Restrict security groups from accessing this certification on assignee files?
- Add question regarding previous driving offences.
- Click the Save button.
Once you save a certification, you cannot change the certification details.
- Click the Create button.
The below premises will walk you through how to filter your displayed data; edit your assignee and approver list, archive and un-archive an entry, and how to delete a record you no longer need.
So you have now setup your organisation's certifications and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR Compliance Reporting: Certifications This feature allows you to create a report on how your employees are progressing with their assigned certifications, see what is overdue and when their manager approved their submission.
- HR Employee File: Certifications This feature allows your employees to complete their assigned certifications and view a history log of their uploaded documentation.