Within your organisation, you may have employees that require a certain qualification, pass certain training courses or hold a particular license to fulfil their duties in your organisation. As an example, certifications can form a requirement for certain roles, such as a security guard needing a security license or a child care worker needing a certificate 4 in childcare.
The Certification Settings feature allows you setup your organisation's certifications and request details from employees such as any supporting documentation or to complete a COVID-19 vaccination check. From a setup side, you can specify details such as the certification renewal period, if it is mandatory or optional for employees to complete and who you assign it to within your organisation. You can also use this feature to assign and/or un-assign a certification and delete a record if it is no longer required.
To read further details on how your employees upload their certifications to the HR platform and the process managers will go through to approve this documentation, refer to the following article.
HR Best Practice
It is important that you use the certification tool to ensure that you, as a business, are operating in compliance with the relevant regulations relating to your industry and that employees have what they need to operate safely and legally. We recommend that you regularly use the Compliance Report to track and monitor any certifications that are outstanding in your organisation.
This is the default access level, excluding any changes made via our Custom Security feature.
- Click the General Settings button.
- Click the Certifications submenu.
- Click the Add Certifications button.
- Complete the following certification details:
- Certification name.
- Certification type:
- Click the Upload button to upload any supporting resources.
The maximum uploaded file size allowed is 2MB, however you can upload multiple files.
- Complete the following certification configuration details:
- Is this certification mandatory.
- Is approval required.
- How often does the certification need to be renewed:
- Expiry date.
- Require personnel to provide supporting documentation.
- Add question regarding previous driving offences.
- Assign to:
- All personnel.
- Click the Save button.
Once you save a certification, you cannot change the certification details.
So you have now setup your organisation's certifications and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- HR Compliance Reporting: Certifications The Certifications Reporting feature allows you to create a report that you can use to analyse how your employees are progressing with their assigned certifications, see what is overdue and when their manager approves their submission.
- Hero Academy Workshop Guide: Managing your Employee Certifications This article covers the material shown in our video walkthrough of the Certifications feature. You can use this handout and the linked training video to learn more about how you can utilise certifications within your organisation.