Having the right tools as an employee to manage how you access your Employment Hero portal will reduce the frustrations that arise if for example you have a compromised password that needs changing. The Account Security feature has three core tools to assist you on this front. These tools are:
- Password reset.
- Account unlocking.
- Password change.
Password reset provides you the tools to reset your password, outside of the platform, if you find you have forgotten your password.
Account unlocking provides you the tools to re-access your account, if you find your access to the HR platform locked.
Password change provides you the tools to reset your password in platform, if you need to change your password due to it being compromised.
If you have lost your email invitation to access Employment Hero, your employer can resend your invite by using one of the following articles:
- Click the Forgot Password button.
- Enter your email and click the Request Link button.
For this process to be effective, you must enter your account email address. This is the email address used to create your account. If you are unsure what it is, please contact your manager or system administrator.
You will now see a confirmation screen. This will show the details of the email address the system sent the rest password link to.
- Follow the instruction in your email account to reset your password.
After five incorrect password attempts, Employment Hero will automatically lock your account.
Employment Hero uses a password strength meter to help individuals select their passwords. To save a password, you require:
- At least eight characters.
- Have at least one uppercase (A-Z) and lowercase character.
- Have at least one numerical character.
- Have at least one special character.
To ensure you have a strong password, we suggest you:
- Add a combination of capital letters.
- Avoid dictionary words or a combination of words.
If the password reset link has expired, it is because either:
- You have previously clicked the password rest link.
- You have logged into Employment Hero in another tab or window.
- You clicked on a link that was not the latest password reset link.