Having the right tools as an employee to manage how you access your HR platform will reduce the frustrations that arise if, for example, you have a compromised password that needs changing or you can not access your Two Factor Authentication code. These cases can arise if, for example, you change to a new phone and have misplaced your recovery code, or if a malicious actor comprises your password.
The suite of account tools you can access includes a Password Resetting feature that allows to reset your password outside of the HR platform, an Account Unlocking feature provides you with the tools to re-access a locked account and the Password Changing feature allows you to reset your password within the HR platform. We also have a Two Factor Authentication resetting feature, whereby you can enter your recovery question to access your account if you can not access your Two Factor Authentication code generator.
If you are having trouble accessing your account with Two-Factor Authentication enabled, your organisation's HR Admin can reset your Two-Factor Authentication access via the Security Report feature. If your HR Admin needs further information on this feature, please the send them the following article.
HR Best Practice
With Employment Hero's 'self-service' features, your employees can reset their own passwords and unlock their own account without having to contact their HR administrator.
If you have lost your email invitation to access the HR platform, your employer can resend your invite by following the steps in the following articles:
- Click the Forgot Password button.
- Enter your email and click the Request Link button.
For this process to be effective, you must enter your account email address. If you are unsure what your account email address is, please contact your manager or system administrator.
You will now see a confirmation screen and it will show you the details of where the HR platform sent the reset password link.
- Follow the instruction in your email account to reset your password.
- Click the Request to Reset button.
You will now see a confirmation screen and it will show you the details of where the HR platform sent the reset Two Factor Authentication link.
- Click the Reset 2-Factor Authentication button in the email you received from Employment Hero.
Clicking the Reset 2-Factor Authentication button will open a new tab that allows you to reset your Two Factor Authentication and log on to the platform.
- Enter your security question answer into Security Question field.
- Click the Reset button.
- Click the Close button.
After five incorrect password attempts, the HR platform will automatically lock your account.
Employment Hero uses a password strength meter to help individuals select their passwords. To save a password, you require:
- At least eight characters.
- Have at least one uppercase (A-Z) and lowercase character.
- Have at least one numerical character.
- Have at least one special character.
To ensure you have a strong password, we suggest you:
- Add a combination of capital letters.
- Avoid dictionary words or a combination of words.
If the password reset link has expired, it is because either:
- You have previously clicked the password rest link.
- You have logged into Employment Hero in another tab or window.
- You clicked on a link that was not the latest password reset link.