Recognition is a way for employers to reward and recognise their employees when they go above and beyond the expectations of their role. Linking recognition to one of your nominated company values is an opportunity to not only recognise your employees for their performance but also showcase and reinforce your company values.
You can use the Recognition Settings feature to turn on and off recognition with your organisation, change the Hero Dollar amount awarded, and assign who will approve these requests.
Before being able to set up your recognition settings, you will first need to have created your organisational company values. To read further information on how to do this, refer to the following article.
- Click the General Settings menu.
- Click the Recognition Settings submenu.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Review the displayed Company Values and, if correct, click the Next button.
- In the Select Approver drop-down select from the following recognition approval options:
- Manager of the recognised employee.
If an employee has both a primary and secondary manager, they will each receive an email notification and either can approve the recognition.
You can only select one employee to approve your organisations recognition requests.
- Set the toggle switch Reward your Employees with Hero Dollars to the On position.
- Enter the Hero Dollar value given out per recognition.
- Set the toggle switch Allow Employee Recognition to be Turned On to the On position.
- Click the the Finish button.