Work types act as a category used to measure where an employee's spent their time working, i.e. an employee can submit a timesheet against a KM Travelled work type. This allows your organisation to track, measure and report on where your employees are working and gain a detailed breakdown of this information to use when processing employee timesheets in a pay run.
This feature allows you to add a work type, specify where this data point will map to, and choose the employee type the Payroll platform will enable this data point for automatically. You can also use this feature to edit any previously created work types and remove the information if it is no longer required.
Any changes made to your work types will need syncing over to your HR platform. To read further details on how to undertake this, refer to the following article.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu..
- Click the Work Types button.
- Click the Add button.
- Complete the following fields:
- External ID.
- Automatically enabled for.
- Full time.
- Part time.
- Labour hire.
- Superannuation income stream.
- Work maps to:
- Employee's primary pay category.
- Pay category.
- Leave category.
- Apply to pay run as leave accrual.
- None (Shift condition).
- Click the Save button.