As an Admin or Owner, viewing what work anniversaries and birthdays are happening within your organisation on a particular date enables you to plan out how you will celebrate these employee milestones. While as an employee, seeing all the approved leave requests within the organisation can be useful, for example, if an employee you've tried to contact is not answering, you can check if they are on leave.
The Upcoming Event feature in the mobile app allows you to select on a calender what day you want to view events for, with the feature then showing you a list of all events happening on the selected day. This allows you to see what is happening within your organisation on the chosen date.
Admins and/or owners are the only users who can see birthday and anniversary dates within the Upcoming Events feed. The default the visibility for leave in the events calendar for each user group is:
- Admins and owners see all upcoming approved leave requests.
- Managers will only see their reporting employees approved leave requests.
- Employees do not see the upcoming events feed.
If you would like your employees to have the visibility to see approved leave requests for all employees within the events calendar, you will need to grant them permission via the Custom Security Settings feature. To read further information on this feature, refer to the following article.
So you have now viewed the upcoming events in your organisation, however you may wonder what next can I do on the Mobile HR app. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- The Leave feature allows you to view your approved leave requests, so in case you can't see your leave request in the activity feed, you can check to see it is still pending approval.
- The Milestone feature allows an employees manager to schedule a message to display on the company feed on the date of their work anniversary or birthday.