An employee portal is an online employee engagement platform that puts a range of payroll services at your employee’s fingertips. From providing employees with the ability to submit leave and timesheet requests, right through to viewing their latest payslips and sending through the expense requests for their latest work related trip.
The Employee Portal Settings feature allows you to choose what payroll features an employee can access via their self-service portal, such as being able to clock in and out via WorkZone and their timesheet editing rights. These options allow you to tailor the employee portal to suit the employee requirements within your organisation.
Data will only flow from the HR platform to your Payroll platform, i.e. this data connection is not bidirectional, and any changes made to by an employee via the employee portal in the payroll platform will not flow through to your HR platform. We advise you to use the HR platform as your source of truth and employees make any needed changes via the HR platform.
An employee will need to have enabled the Use Timesheets option in order to clock in/out via WorkZone. To read further information on how to enable this option, refer to the following article.
The below premise will walk you through how to edit your employee portal settings.
- Log into your Employment Hero Payroll platform.
- Click the Business Settings menu.
- Click the Payroll Settings submenu.
- Click the Employee Portal Settings button.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Choose from the following options:
- Employees can edit their personal details.
- Employees can update profile picture.
- Employees can edit their own bank account details.
The Bank Accounts section in the employee's profile of the WorkZone app is not editable.
- Employees can edit their own super fund details.
The Super Funds section in the employee's profile of the WorkZone app is not editable.
- Employees can apply for leave.
- Employees can apply for expense reimbursements.
- Employee can add and update their own qualifications.
- Employees can override tax code when submitting expense claims.
- Employees can complete the employee satisfaction survey.
- Employee can set their own unavailability.
- Unavailability must be entered at x days before it occurs.
- Employees can view approved leave.
- Employees can:
- Not access timesheets.
- View their own timesheets.
- Only edit their own timesheets.
- Only edit timesheets created via the kiosk.
- Only edit WorkZone clock in/out timesheets.
- Only edit timesheets created via the kiosk or WorkZone clock in/out
- Create and edit all timesheets.
- Show pay days in employee calendar.
- Employees can clock in/out using WorkZone:
- Capture employee photo when clocking in/out.
- Allow employees to select a higher classification when clocking in.
- Allow employees to apply rostered start/finish times when clocking in/out:
- Employees can apply the roster start time up to x minutes before their shift is due to start.
- Employees can apply the rostered end time up to x minutes after their shift ends.
- Send employee reminder notifications:
- X minutes after their rostered shift end if they have not clocked out.
- Send employees a notification when their personal, bank account or superannuation details are updated.
- Click the Save button.
So you have now edited your employee portal settings and you are now wondering what next can I do. There are two recommendations I would make on this front and they are:
- Payroll Platform: Employee Portal Access Management This feature allows you to grant access in bulk to employees who need to use the payroll self service portal.
- Payroll Platform: Configuring your Roster Setup This feature allows you to configure different parts of the rostering module so it meets the needs of your organisation and your employees.