- Will you share my personal information with third parties?
- Does Employment Hero sell my personal information?
- When did this change take place?
- Does Employment Hero comply with data protection laws?
- Is my personal information stored securely at Employment Hero?
- What can I do if I have questions about these changes?
Frequently asked questions
You are receiving this communication as you are now, or have previously been a customer, user, or contact of Employment Hero and have provided us with your personal information.
- Increased scope of the policy
- Changes to the style and structure of the policy
We have separated many of the categories of the policy into sub-categories to make the policy more user-friendly and show how we handle personal information based on the different services we provide.
(The following sections have been changed or added as a part of this update.)
- What personal information do we collect?
We have included more high-level detail in relation to the types of personal information we may collect when providing our services. This section covers the types of personal information collected in providing our products and services, as applicable to you.
- How is your personal information collected?
This section provides information on how we might collect personal information from you to provide you with our products and services. This section also covers our collection of personal information from third parties as needed to provide you with our products and services.
- How we use your Personal Information
We have renamed the section titled “Purpose of collecting, holding, using, and disclosing personal information" to How we use your Personal Information”.
We have added new purposes for using Personal Information that relate to the provision of our services, including our use of Personal Information to provide our Superannuation services.
- How we share your Personal Information
We have renamed the section titled “Disclosure of Personal Information” to “How we share your Personal Information”
We have given more detail on how we share personal information based on the different products and services we provide, and how we share personal information with our third party partners and across the Employment Hero Group. For instance, this section explains how we may share your personal information with financial institutions to provide our Hero Wallet services. We have also included superannuation institutions as parties with whom we share personal information for the purpose of providing our Superannuation services.
- Overseas disclosure of Personal Information
This section has been expanded to include transfer of Personal Information to all the countries in which our affiliates and third party service providers operate for the purposes of carrying out business functions and providing our services. This section also gives assurance of the fact that overseas disclosure of Personal Information takes place with adequate protections.
- Do we use your Personal Information for direct marketing?
We have included wording that provides clear detail on how we use personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and your rights to opt-out of receiving such marketing communications.
This update also covers our use of personal information to market products and services in relation to our Superannuation services.
- GDPR compliance
- Google API Policy
We have added a section that states our compliance with the Google API Services User Data Policy, when applicable.
- Access to, and correction or deletion of Personal Information
We have included wording that states a user’s obligation to request that their employer delete their personal information from our platforms, and further request that we delete the personal information from our systems.
This section also includes our procedure of requiring proof of identity from parties before we reveal personal information to them and carry out their instructions under this section.
We have added this section that covers our retention of personal information in accordance with law and our data retention policy.
- Enforcement and Complaints
We have added a section that covers options to make complaints about privacy issues. A table has been included which provides a list of supervisory authorities for the countries in which we operate.
Will you share my personal information with third parties?
Does Employment Hero sell my personal information?
When did this change take place?
These changes take place as of the 14th November 2022.
Does Employment Hero comply with data protection laws?
We take your privacy and protection of personal information seriously and we are committed to complying with the Privacy Laws applicable in the countries within which we operate, including the Australian Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Privacy Principles, the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and the GDPR.
Is my personal information stored securely at Employment Hero?
Yes. We take privacy compliance and security very seriously and are an ISO 27001 compliant organisation. You can read more about our policies and processes here:
- Employment Hero Payroll platform security measures.
- Employment Hero HR Platform security measures and single sign-on (SSO) processes.
- ISO Certification.
- Employment Hero Trust and Security.
What can I do if I have questions about these changes?
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): This article outlines Employment Hero's commitment to GDPR legislation and guidelines set by government and industry bodies.
- Security measures and single sign-on (SSO): This article outlines the security measures and encryption standards Employment Hero adheres to, ensuring your data is secure.