- Will you share my personal data with third parties?
- Does Employment Hero sell my personal information?
- When did this change take place?
- Does Employment Hero comply with data protection laws?
- Is my personal information stored securely at Employment Hero?
- Does Employment Hero have a Data Processing Agreement in place?
- What is a Data Processing Agreement?
- Why has Employment Hero updated its Data Processing Agreement?
- What changes have been made to the Data Processing Agreement?
- When will the changes to the Data Processing Agreement apply?
- What if I do not agree with the changes to the Data Processing Agreement?
- What can I do if I have questions about these changes?
Frequently asked questions
You are receiving this communication as you are now, or have previously been a customer, user, or contact of Employment Hero and have provided us with your personal data.
- Increased scope of the policy
- Changes to the style and structure of the policy
We have separated many of the categories of the policy into sub-categories to make the policy more user-friendly and show how we handle personal information based on the different services we provide.
(The following sections have been changed or added as a part of this update.)
- What information do we collect?
We have included more high detail in relation to the types of personal data we may collect when providing our services. This section covers the types of personal data collected so we can provide our products and services, as applicable to you.
- How and why do we use this information?
This section provides better clarification on the legal bases on which we might collect personal data from you to provide you with our products and services. This section also covers the purposes of our collection of your personal data. This includes collection of personal data for the purposes of fulfulling our contractual obligations, for our business purposes, collection based on your consent, and to meet legal obligations.
- How we share your Personal data
We have provided more detail on how we share your personal data based on the different products and services we provide, with third parties and across the Employment Hero Group. Specifically, we have updated how we share your personal data when providing our Employment Hero Platform and apps, Application Tracking System services, and Global Teams employer of record services.
We also cover the adequate transfer mechanisms in place when transferring personal data out of the EU or UK. This includes the application of the Standard Contractual Clause as agreed to in our Data Processing Agreement.
- What rights do you have?
This section outlines your data subject rights. We have clarified your rights to opt-out of receiving marketing communications.
- How long will you retain my data?
This section has been updated to address the implementation of the retain periods set out by our internal data retention policy and any applicable laws which govern how long we can retain data.
Will Employment Hero share my personal data with third parties?
Does Employment Hero sell my personal data?
When did this change take place?
These changes take place as of the 9th December 2022.
Does Employment Hero comply with data protection laws?
We take your privacy and protection of personal data seriously and we are committed to complying with the Privacy Laws applicable in the countries within which we operate, including the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU 2016/679) (EU GDPR) and UK GDPR (as implemented through the Data Protection Act 2018).
Is my personal information stored securely at Employment Hero?
Yes. We take privacy compliance and security very seriously and are an ISO 27001 compliant organisation. You can read more about our policies and processes here:
- Employment Hero Payroll platform security measures.
- Employment Hero HR Platform security measures and single sign-on (SSO) processes.
- ISO Certification.
- Employment Hero Trust and Security.
Data Processing Agreement Updates
Does Employment hero have a Data Processing Agreement in place?
Yes. We recently updated our Data Processing Agreement, which covers our processing activities carried out as a data processor on behalf of our customers. Our updated Data Processing Agreement can be found here.
What is a Data Processing Agreement?
A Data Processing Agreement between a data controller (our Customer) and a data processor (Employment Hero) which covers the agreed processing and disclosure of personal data carried out for the purpose of providing our products and services to our customers, and other related business purposes.
Why has Employment Hero updated its Data Processing Agreement?
Our Data Processing Agreement has been updated to be more user-friendly for those who agree to it, and to ensure our compliance with the GDPR as we carry out data processing activities. Our updated Data Processing Agreement also reflects our business changes, including our recent acquisition, the provision of additional products and services, and updated features in our Employment Hero Platform.
What changes have been made to the Data Processing Agreement?
The Data Processing Agreement has been updated to accurately provide for the current processing activities we carry out when providing our products and services.
- As a business that operates in the UK, this Data Processing Agreement now also applies the UK GDPR with reference to the International Data Transfer Addendum to the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
- The updated Data Processing Agreement also clearly outlines the roles and obligations of the parties, our methods for changing the Sub-processor list and how you can be notified (we have also included a requirement for Customers to subscribe to receive notifications of updates to the Sub-Processors list), the transfer mechanisms in place for international transfer of personal data, and the obligations that must be met in case of a data breach.
When will the changes to the Data Processing Agreement apply?
The changes will take effect from 9 December 2022. Your continued use of our services without any objection for 30 days after being notified of the update will constitute your acceptance of the revised Data Processing Agreement.
What if I do not agree with the changes to the Data Processing Agreement?
If you do not agree to the terms of the updated Data Processing Agreement, then you are required to inform us of this within 30 days of being notified of the changes, and you may need to stop using our services. If you continue using our services, then this will constitute acceptance of the terms of the Data Processing Agreement.
What can I do if I have questions about these changes?