Note: This feature is currently in Open Beta. For more information on our Beta program, click here.
Employees with permission to post announcements are able to post announcements on our NEW Employment Hero Mobile mobile app.
How to turn the announcement module on for my organisation?
To opt into the Announcement feature, an owner or admin of your organisation will have to enable the feature through our beta toggle located at the top of the page.
Who can post announcements?
By default, all owners and admins of an organisation will have the ability to create announcements.
For organisations on our Standard or Premium subscription plan, owners and admins also have the ability to grant other employees permission to post announcements through the Security Group feature.
Whilst the Standard plan allows owners and admins to grant employees permission to post an announcement that is shared to All Staff, the Premium plan allows selected employees to post an announcement that can be shared to any teams they are in.
To grant employees permission to post an announcement simply follow the steps below:
1. Create a new security group or use an existing security group
2. Ensure employees you wish to have permission to post announcements is in the security group
3. Check the 'Use' field corresponding to either of the following announcements security permissions depending on your subscription plan and what sharing option you want your employees to have when they post their announcements.
- Post announcements (All staff)
- Post announcements (Teams)
How to post an announcement?
Once you have logged into the app, you will be able to see the following bottom bar:
There are two methods to create an announcement:
1. Tap on the + icon, then tap on the Announcement option
2. Tap on the announcement icon
- When your organisation does not have any announcements, you will see the following screen. Simply tap on the message in blue to create an announcement.
- When your organisations has announcements then you will see the following option, simply tap on the option to create a new announcement.
By default, announcements are shared to everyone in the organisation.
For organisations on our Standard subscription plan, owners and admins will be able to grant employees permission to post an announcement to All Staff.
For organisations on our Premium subscription plan, owners and admins will be able to share announcements to everyone as well as any team.
They also have the ability to grant employees permission to post an announcement and share it to All Staff and/or Teams they are in.
Reacting to announcements
Once an announcement is posted, employees can react using the emoji icon located under every post.