Employees are now able to action pending leave requests on our NEW Employment Hero Mobile mobile app.
Who can access leave request approvals on mobile?
Employees will be able to access leave request approvals on the mobile app if they meet ALL of the following conditions:
- The organisation has Leave Requests turned ON for employees through the Menu Customisation page (Customisation > Menu).
- Employee is either an owner, admin, manager or employee with the security permission to action pending leave requests (refer to Security Groups for more information).
How to action pending leave requests?
- Employees with permission to access leave request approvals on the mobile app will see a pending leave request count for your direct employees on the dashboard as shown below:
- Primary and secondary managers will receive push notifications when an employee submits a pending leave request to review.
- When the user taps on the pending leave requests count, they will be presented with one of the following screens:
- When there are no pending leave requests for their direct employees:
- When there are pending leave requests for their direct employees:
- Employees have the option to filter pending leave requests to view and action pending leave requests for their indirect employees or all employees by tapping on the filter icon in the top right hand corner and then selecting an option:
- There are two methods to action pending leave requests
1. Swipe right on the leave request in the pending leave requests list to approve or swipe left on the leave request in the pending leave requests list to decline.
2. Tap on the leave request in the pending leave requests list to view the leave request’s full details. On this screen, there will be an approve and a decline button.
- Once you approve or decline a leave request, you will be given the option to undo your action. Please note that the window to undo is 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, the leave request you have just actioned will be removed from the pending leave requests list and the option to undo will be removed from the leave request details screen.
- Tap 'Undo' from pending leave requests list:
- Tap on 'Tap to undo' from pending leave request details:
How to turn off push notifications
Managers who do not wish to receive push notifications when a reporting employee submits a new pending leave request can disable push notifications for the Employment Hero Mobile app by going to their Notifications menu in their phone's Settings.
- If you have notifications turned on but are not receiving any notifications, please try re-installing the app to update the notification permissions.
- Turning off push notifications turns off all push notifications from the Employment Hero Mobile app. It is currently not possible to select which push notifications are enabled/disabled.