This only applies for the users of Employment Hero Payroll, KeyPay and QuickBooks Online.
A Work type is an additional rule to set up against timesheets regarding an individuals pay conditions.
- Leave Work Type - Leave can be submitted on timesheet on any given day.
- Allowances Work Type - First aid allowance can be applied to an individual for each day worked.
To add work types, login to Employment Hero and go to:
Payroll Settings > Work Types
Click Import from Payroll on the Work Types page to add all the work types from your payroll system.
Managing Work Types
Work types are managed through the managed/DIY payroll system.
- Adding work types: when a work type is added in the payroll system, organisations will need to re-import work types into Employment Hero.
- Deleting work types: when a work type is deleted in the payroll system, organisations will need to re-import work types for it to be deleted in Employment Hero. However, only work types that have not been used in a timesheet can be deleted in Employment Hero. If the work type has been used in a timesheet, it will be disabled and can not be used in future timesheets.
Work Types in Timesheets
Employees will only be able to select the work types assigned to them.
Work types can be automatically-enabled on the basis of employment types, or manually assigned by editing Employees File.
To automatically enable a work type to an employee, change the auto-enabling setting in the payroll platform, go to:
Payroll Settings > Work Types,
and click 'Update from Payroll'.
To assign work types to employees, log into Employment Hero and go to:
Personnel > Employee Files > select the employee > Pay Details > Pay Run Details
Employees who have one of the following timesheet then they can be assigned work types:
- Use timesheets to submit all time worked
- Use timesheets for exceptions only