Who will see other Employee Files? Will employees be able to see each other's files?
You can use Security Groups to customize the access that people will have to other employees details, but below explains the default settings in Employment Hero.
- Admins & Owners will have access to view & edit all employee files in EH.
- Managers will be able to see the employee files of their reporting employees.
- Employees with no employees reporting to them will only see their own file, titled Profile.
To access an Employee File: Personnel > Employees > Click on the Employees name.
This opens their Employee File. At the top, you will see their Name and current Job Title.
The below tabs in pale blue below are not visible to employees in their own files, but only to Owners, Admins & their manager(s). The below tabs in purple may be visible to employees.
- Overview: Key personal and work information. This is where an Admin or Owner can make another user an Admin. Employees can only add their profile photo & write a short bio if they wish.
- Personal Details: All relevant personal information (Name, DOB, address etc.)
- Employment Details: This isn't visible to the employee themselves. This is where you can assign an employee to one or more teams, location (only one), and select their Primary (and secondary) Managers.
- Employment History: History of positions. Employees have view-only access.
- HR Documents: Electronic documentation that has been assigned to this employee (ie. Contract & Letter of Offer). These can be assigned, and signed online and will be stored here with an audit trail & timestamps.
- Uploaded Documents: This is only visible to employees if uploaded documents have been shared with them.
- Emergency Contacts: Relevant emergency contact information. Employees can update these details any time.
- Pay Details: Remuneration information (current and historic). Employees have view-only access.
- Banking Details: Bank account information (multiple accounts can be stored, and employees can choose to split their pay across different accounts by %). Make sure not to include spaces for BSB and Account Numbers.
- Superannuation Details: Employees can either opt for the companies preferred super fund (Set in General Settings > Company Settings > Super Fund Details) or they can opt for their own.
- Tax Declaration: Employees can update or change this if they need to. This isn't automatically lodged.
- Benefits: If this employee has been assigned any specific benefits, these will appear here. Employees have view-only access.
- Work Eligibility: If employees are not Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents this will prompt them to enter their passport and visa details.
- Management Notes: Any notes that management want to leave here won't be visible to the employee, but will be visible to Admins, Owners & any other managers to this employee (if reporting lines were to change in the future, the notes would remain in the file)
- Audit Trail: This allows owners & admins to view audit trails on this employee file.
- Certifications: Certifications can be configured in Employment Hero by managers and admins, to monitor various types of licenses, qualifications and checks that employees may possess or be required to hold.
- Medical Disclosure Statement: Employers can determine whether an employee is able to perform the inherent requirements of their role by checking their Medical Disclosure Statement. Only applicable for employees who claim to suffer from a pre-existing injury, illness, medical condition or allergy.
- Leave Request Details: Shows details of leave requests you have lodged in the past.
Do I have to go into each employee file to update details individually?
Admins & Owners can update data in employee files in bulk, using our CSV.
Will I get notified if an employee updates their details?
You can refer to our guide on what kind of emails will be sent from Employment Hero, to see who will get notified of which changes.
ie. When an employee updates their bank details, this will send an email notification to your Payroll Admin (you will need to have your payroll admin contact details stored in General Settings > Company Settings).